Joining the growing Sales & Partnerships team, Michelle D'Mello is the newest addition to CareerLounge.
Michelle has joined CareerLounge at an exciting time as the Sales team grows to the largest it’s been to date! Not only has she been supporting her team, but her skills have been felt across the company and it’s only her fourth week. We caught up with Michelle to get an insight into what makes her tick…
1. Why were you drawn to CareerLounge?
CareerLounge being a small close-knit team allows me to get involved in various aspects of the business which is a great learning opportunity. More importantly, we’re addressing a major loophole in the Education and Employment sectors i.e enabling students to find jobs in their field of study and building up practical experience prior to graduation. It’s a rewarding industry to be a part of.
2. Do you have any special talents?
I’d say I’ve got a knack for learning languages. Having lived in a few places, I’ve been exposed to languages so different from one another. I grew up in Dubai and had compulsory Arabic in school until Grade 7, one year in India taught me Hindi and 6 years in Norway taught me Norwegian with the added bonus of some Swedish and Danish.
3. If you could paint a picture of any landscape you’d seen before, what would you paint?
I went to Tasmania with a girlfriend over the Easter break and we arrived to the most incredible sunset in Coles Bay, it was like the sky and the beach were on fire. I’d love to capture that on a canvas.
4. So you’ve lived in Norway for 6 years, what were the three best things about living there?
The boat and cabin life, work-life balance and the bread!
5. What sound do you love?
The sound of the ocean.
6. What is that one thing you would regret not ticking off your bucket list?
Travel all over South America and maybe even pick up some Spanish while I’m there.
7. What excites you the most?
A holiday to look forward to especially if it involves catching up with friends I haven’t seen in a while
8. What food best describes your personality?
I really don’t know but I’m going to say Oreo doughnuts only because I’ve been eating them a lot lately.
9. So we have found out that you like to work out, what is your ultimate workout session?
Oh tough one, for me the key is variety. At the gym, definitely my Wednesday night Abs & Box-fit classes. I also love a challenging hike to a peak with awesome views. Recently I’ve been doing a bit of indoor rock climbing which is a lot of fun and great for building core strength.
10. If you could breed two totally different animals together, what new animal would you create?
A koala and a panda, they’re such adorable animals. I could only imagine they would make super cute, super furry babies. I’d call it a Pandala.
11. If you could send a message to the entire world, what would you say in 30 seconds?
Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy.
As you can probably tell, Michelle has experienced a lot of the world and its culture, which she brings to work every day. We have so much to learn from her and we can’t wait find out about more of her amazing adventures.
Want to know who else makes up the very special CareerLounge team? Check out the CareerLounge blog for more New/Old Crew Interviews and all the latest news.